Your Vibe Attracts Your Tribe
Employees are watching your capabilities, temperament and daily behavior:
- Do you look tired?
- Do you yell?
- Do you slam the phone?
- Do you insult employees?
- Do you say hello when you walk past someone?
- Do you introduce yourself to new employees?
- Are you late to meetings?
- Do you favor certain employees over others?
- Do you welcome feedback and criticism?
- Do you talk negatively about team members, customer or employees?
- Do you insult former employees?
- Do you say one thing in public and another in private?
- Are you trustworthy?
- Do you dress well?
- What time do you get to work?
- What time do you leave?
- Do you act as if you know it all or are constantly learning?
When you are busy running the business, you typically don’t spend much time thinking about how you appear to people. You are focused on the tasks at hand. Be mindful of your behaviors, words, tone and overall vibe. Your employees are always watching you. Do you behave the way you want your team to behave? Remember, you set the tone, so make it the right one.