Understand Body Language
You’ve probably heard a million times before that most of communication is actually nonverbal. However, how much time do you actually take to think about whether your body language is sending the message you want it to day in and day out?
Mastering your presentation in a nonverbal way is essential for entrepreneurs. With this you can:
- Get across your meaning in the right way
- Command a room when you want to
- Persuade others
- Show empathy, enthusiasm, displeasure, pride, thanks, respect, and attentiveness
There are plenty of blogs, books, courses, workshops, and other teaching aids out there that will help you to learn about, and practice, your nonverbal communication skills. Some of the basics to keep in mind, though, when interacting in business settings include:
- Looking people in the eye
- Keeping your hands out of your pockets or on your hips
- Sitting and standing straight
- Restraining yourself from fidgeting
Being able to communicate in different ways is a skill entrepreneurs must master.