Things to do during that time
It’s in this time when you’re unavailable you should:
- Write your messages or your next talk.
- Do your best thinking.
- Move through long term planning and goal setting.
- Tackle that big project that requires concentration.
- Prep for upcoming meetings and presentations.
- Work on a fresh strategy.
- Read, reflect and plan.
Basically, these should be pockets of time where you work on it, not in it. And you need to work that into your system. Why?
Well, this is where your best work will get done, where your breakthroughs happen. When your best ideas surface.
This really comes into play especially when you are balancing time for family. Getting work done at work, means you are able to be fully available for things outside of work.
Sources used: Carey Nieuwhof